1811 Bistro & Wine Bar is based on a concept of excellence in food and wine pairing.
Set in the iconic building of the Blandy's Wine Lodge, 1811 pays homage to the history of Blandy’s Madeira Wine Company, as this was the year in which the Blandy family established itself on the Island.
With only enough room for 46 people, the 1811 is an intimate location where guests can enjoy wine by the glass or by the bottle, paired with a wide selection of petiscos (Portuguese tapas) or set dishes. Enjoy the express menu at lunch or order the 5-course wine pairing dinner served with either wine from Portugal or Madeiran wines. From 1830 onwards, sit outside in the patio and enjoy the atmosphere in the heart of a working wine lodge with a glass of wine, or by having a candlelit dinner.
- 250 portuguese wines
- 60 international wines (from 11 countries)
- Wines by the glass - national and international
- 44 Madeira wines served by the glass including the exclusive Blandy's 1920 Bual
- Tapas dishes to share with those who are dear to you
- 22 portuguese PDO cheeses and charcuterie options
- Filet steak to pair with your favourite wine
- 30 minute lunch menu (soup or salad or dessert + fish or meat)
- Have your whole dinner paired exclusively with Madeira wine
- Wine dinners hosted by world renowned Portuguese wine producers (sign up to our newsletter for updated information)
- Languages spoken: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French and German.
Monday: 12:00 - 18:00
Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00 - 22:00
Friday: 12:00 - 23:00
Saturday: 19:00 - 23:00
Contacts & Reservations:
Tel: (+351) 291 221 086
Rua de São Francisco, 12